A laptop fan works by drawing cool air into the laptop and expelling hot air out of the laptop. It is typically located near the CPU (Central Processing Unit) and other heat-generating components such as the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) and power supply.
The fan is powered by a small motor that spins the fan blades, creating a flow of air through the laptop. The fan speed can be controlled by the laptop’s BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) or by software that monitors the temperature of the CPU and other components.
When the temperature of the laptop’s components starts to rise, the fan will turn on to cool them down. The fan will continue to run until the temperature drops to a safe level. This process helps to keep the temperature of the laptop’s components within safe operating limits and prevents overheating, which can cause damage to the components or even a complete shutdown.
Also check: Best Laptops under 65000
In a summary, a Laptop fan is a small mechanical device that helps to cool the internal components of the laptop by drawing cool air in and expelling hot air out, it is controlled by the laptop’s BIOS or software that monitors the temperature of the internal components and regulates its speed accordingly.
How to Check if Laptop Fan is Working Properly?
There are several ways to check if a laptop fan is working properly:
- Listen for noise: If the fan is working properly, you should be able to hear a slight noise coming from the laptop.
- Check the temperature: If the fan is not working properly, the laptop will become hot to the touch. You can use a program like Speccy or Core Temp to check the temperature of the CPU and other components.
- Check the fan speed: Some laptops have built-in software that allows you to check the fan speed. You can also use third-party software like SpeedFan to check the fan speed.
- Check the air vents: Make sure that the air vents on the laptop are not blocked by dust or debris, as this can cause the fan to malfunction.
If you suspect the fan is not working properly, you should take it to a professional for repair.
How to Fix Laptop Fan?
There are a few things you can try to fix a laptop fan that is not working properly:
- Clean the fan: Dust and debris can accumulate in the fan and cause it to malfunction. Use a can of compressed air to blow out any dust and debris that may be blocking the fan blades.
- Check the fan’s power supply: Make sure that the fan is getting power. If the fan’s power supply is faulty, the fan may not be able to turn on.
- Check the fan’s connection: Make sure that the fan is properly connected to the motherboard. If the connection is loose, the fan may not be able to turn on.
- Update the BIOS: Your laptop’s BIOS may be out of date, which can cause the fan to malfunction. Check the manufacturer’s website for the latest BIOS update and follow the instructions to install it.
- Replace the fan: If none of the above solutions work, the fan may be damaged and will need to be replaced. You can find replacement fans on websites such as Amazon, or you can take your laptop to a professional for repair.
Also Check: How to Make Fornite Run Faster on Laptop?
It’s important to note that repairing a laptop fan may require technical skills, if you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself, you should take it to a professional for repair.